Examination section has been housed in the main building in a separate floor. The civil infrastructure of the Examination Cell consists of Strong room, Office cabin for controller of examination, Assessment hall for assessing answer-books and working space for supporting staff. Conventional and Wi-Fi net connectivity, adequate number of computer systems and printers as well as a photocopying machine have been provided to Exam Cell for proper and efficient functioning of the exam cell.
Necessary and sufficient manpower has been employed for processing pre-examination, during examination and post examination work and tasks.
- In the beginning of autonomous, in the year 2010 Institution had two CIE (Continuous Internal Evaluation) and one improvement test for student for genuine reasons like accident, illness and other problems
- Students were allowed to carry 4 subjects from first year to final year at any point of time during his course of period
- In the year 2013-14 based on the request made by the students, the PEC and academic council approved to give three CIE (continuous internal evaluations) and to consider best of two to announce the final marks.
- In the year of 2015-16 the academic council implemented a condition for the vertical progression of the students from I year to III year and II year to IV year, i.e., the student shall Dr.Ambedkar Institute of Technology SSR for NAAC-2016 85 clear all the subjects of I year and can carry 4 subjects of II year for III year (V semester) and the student shall clear all the subjects of II year and can carry 4 subjects of III year for IV year (VII semester).
- The valuation system in the year 2010 was single valuation and 20% moderation for each packet which contains 10 scripts
- In the year of 2013-14, double valuation system is introduced to have more transparency in the valuation system i.e., first valuation is done by internal examiner and the second valuation is done by external examiners. If the difference of two valuations of any script becomes more than 15 marks, then such scripts goes to third valuation and is done by external valuer. Considering the the minimum difference between the two among the three assesments will be considered for the announcement of grade.
- From the beginning of Autonomous 2010, revaluation system was introduced. In the year the 2015-16 challenging valuation system is introduced with photocopy of the requested subject.
- In the year 2015-16, digital valuation system was successfully introduced for few subject during the summer semester and during odd semester of 2015 for two branches i.e., IEM, ML department as trial.
- After success of pilot project the Management and Principal decided to go for all 10 under graduate programme for digital valuation system as per the decision the autonomous examination section implemented the Digital Valuation system
- Later, during the Even semester 2016 DVS is implemented for all 10 under graduate programme and it was successful · Due to this the result announcement was made in time, the human intervention is reduced by 20% in the phase I packeting of answer booklets, other security activities like coding and decoding, tearing and pinning of the answer booklet and as per the experience the human intervention can be reduced up to 40% like entering of the marks which are awarded by the valuers and verification of marks and total marks. · For issuing of photo copy of answer book to the student was done by manually and the time consuming was more. Due to DVS (Digital Valuation system) the time and the effort made is very less to give photocopy and the student waiting time is reduced drastically. · Storing of answer books space in the examination section doesn’t require huge space and all the answer scripts are stored in digital form. · This will help in NBA analysis for outcome attainment as per outcome based education.