About The Department
- The Department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in the year 1987.The Department has got accreditation by NBA.Certified by ISO 9001: 2008.
- The Department is running UG, PG and R&D Centre.
- The Department is Headed by Dr. Siddaraju M.E., Ph.D., MIEEE. Department has been allocated 1.2crores under TEQIP Phase-II for the development of PG & Research activities.
- Department has a CSI Student chapter under which the Department is conducting many technical seminars/workshops, Quiz competitions and other technical activities for the benefit of faculty, staff and students.
Long Term Goals
- To enter into understanding with globally renowned universities.
- To Establish a Consultancy Cell to meet the requirements of Small & Medium Scale Enterprises.
- Promoting Industry- Institute Interaction through projects, consultancy and executive development Programmes.
Short Term Goals
- Building modern aids for effective teaching.
- Modernizing the Laboratories with state of the art software, hardware / interfacing / networking.
- Promoting faculty development.
- Conducting self-sustained training Programmes for students and staff.
- Conducting personality development Programmes for students and staff.
- To conduct need based Supervisory training/executive development programmes
PEO1: Analyze real-world problems and propose solutions that are economically feasible and socially acceptable by acquiring the principles of Mathematics, Science and Computer Engineering.
PEO2: Achieve technical excellence to compete globally by undergoing a methodological study of various programming tools, computational science, hardware and cutting edge technologies.
PEO3: Exhibit teamwork with professional ethics, effective communication skills and adapt to current trends to work in IT environment and/or pursue higher education.
- Ability to apply knowledge of computing, mathematical and engineering sciences for providing solutions to real world problems.
- Ability to analyse a problem, identify and formulate the computing requirements appropriate to its solution.
- Ability to design , implement and evaluate the modelled hardware and software systems, components or processes to meet the desired needs with appropriate consideration to the public health and safety, environment and society.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, build simulation models so as to analyse and interpret data and arrive at a valid conclusion.
- Ability to use current techniques, skills and modern tools necessary for computing practice.
- Ability to visualize the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context with an understanding of the professional engineering practice.
- The impacts of engineering solutions on contemporary issues and demonstrate the need for sustainable development.
- Ability to understand professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities.
- Ability to function effectively individually and on teams, including diverse and multidisciplinary to accomplish a set goal.
- Ability to compose and communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An understanding of engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and finance economically.
- Recognizing and adapting to the current trends with an ability to engage in continuing professional development.
Constitution: The Constitution of the Board of Studies (BOS) shall be according to the structure given below:
||Name of the person
||Head of the Department
||Faculty members covering different specialization 6 Members
|Member – 1
||Dr. M. Vijay Kumar
|Member – 2
|Member – 3
|Member – 4
||Prof. Leena giri. G
||Prof. Mary Cherian
||Prof. Asha Rani K.P
|Member – 1
||Prof. Nithya E
|Member – 2
||Prof. K R Shylaja
||Subject Experts from outside the Institute nominated by the Academic Council preferably from the elite Institutions like IISc
|Member – 3
|Member – 4
||Dr. Ramakanth Kumar P.
Prof & Head RVCE, Bangalore
||Expert from outside Institute nominated by the Vice Chancellor
||Representative from industry / corporate sector / allied area relating to placement nominated by the Academic Council 2 Members
||Mr. Uday Principal Architect, Intel Corp.,Bangalore
||Sri Subbaraya, IBM
||Mrs. Reena Bengeri
VP, NESS Technologies
||Alumni with PG
Department facility for R & D and consultancy
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence
- Digital Image Processing
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Rasseberry Pi board, ARM processor based Boards.
- Basic sensors ranging from IR sensors to Gyro sensors, sonar sensors etc., 40 kits with sensors.
- Network Simulator- 2(Wireless Communication/ Network)
- GIMBAL Software- Licensed Version
- Lab View – National Instruments full Package
- MATLAB– Licensed Version.
Collaboration and MOU’s
The Department has MOU with Pthinks Ltd and Global Talent Track (GTT) Pvt Ltd.
Scheme and syllabus for both UG and PG
- Click Here to download Scheme and syllabus for UG.
- Click Here to download Scheme and syllabus for PG.