Programme Educational Objectives
PEO 1: To produce competent Power Electronics Engineers and Professionals for Industry, Organization and Institution.
PEO 2: To motivate students for higher study and research to become technical Leaders.
a. Scholarship of knowledge: Ability to acquire in depth knowledge in power electronics
b. Critical thinking: Ability to analyze complex engineering problems critically
c. Problem Solving: Ability to conceptualize and solve engineering problems related to societal and environmental factors
d. Research Skill: Ability to extract solution to unfamiliar problems through research methodologies
e. Modern tool Usage: Ability to create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools
f. Collaborative and multidisciplinary work: Ability to work in team and multidisciplinary area.
g. Project management and finance: Ability to manage project efficiently by considering economical and financial factors.
h. Communication: Ability to communicate confidently and effectively
i. Lifelong learning: Ability to engage in lifelong learning independently
j. Ethical practices and social responsibilities: Ability to acquire professional and intellectual integrity
k. Independent and reflective learning: Ability to learn from mistakes without external feedback
Faculty for the Programme
- Dr Shankarlinappa C B Professor
- V Keshavamurthy Professor
- Arpitha Raju Associate Prof.
Long Term Goals
- Student’s involvement in projects of Innovative nature.
- Skill enhancement for 100% placement and enhance Entrepreneurship.
- Inculcate ethical values in students to serve the society.
- Imbibe Knowledge and desire to pursue higher studies.
- Involve faculty and students in funded projects, publications, patents and interaction with the Industry.
- Explore new Innovative ideas through Projects and Research from Faculty and Students.
- Recognition of the department as a QIP centre.
- Institution of Additional programs (PG and PG Diploma).
- Creation of ‘Centre of Excellence’ in the area of Electrical Engineering.
Short Term Goals
- Strive to grow both horizontally and vertically in the Academic field.
- Modernize Existing laboratories.
- Design various add-on courses.
- Involve students to participate in Community Development Programs.
- Encourage Faculty to participate in Research activities, publications and consultancy activities.
- Encourage faculty to be the knowledge seekers to discharge lectures in an effective manner.